has had hairy cows… February 2018 Update: We have sold our entire herd of Scottish Highland Cattle. We miss them but know that we were not doing them any favors by keeping them overstocked. If we can improve our pastures over the next few years and if we determine that we want to add cattle back to our farm, we will chose this breed again.
May 2017 UPDATE: Our enthusiasm for these unique cattle has lead us to an overstocked situation. We have sadly reached the point of needing to sell most or potentially all of our fold.
Visit the Heartland Highland Cattle Association for more information.
Check out all of Faith’s Farm – OK articles about Scottish Highland Coos:
- Highland Cattle FoldNote: We have sold all of our cattle. This post is just a historical list of our coos. Yes, our Scottish Highland Cattle fold included… Blaire – (b. 2011) purchased from Blazing Acres in July […]
- Overstocked on Highlands…After some careful consideration and some humbling realization, we have decided to sell most of our UNREGISTERED Scottish Highland fold. Our enthusiasm for the breed got the better of us and we overstocked our acreage. […]
- Kids and Calves 2017 – so far…Well, I missed the dates for the cows. Rona went first on March 5th and delivered a small little man. Followed four days later by Greer who delivered a big little man. Both of these […]
- Cattle Maternity PenThe farm could use a maternity pen for our cattle. This is a portable pen with a chute and headgate. It is used for checking a momma cow’s health. It would also be used for […]
- 24 Dec 2013 – Farm ReportWe’ve been busy working on remodeling the cattle stalls. We were not planning to do this just yet but decided that we’d better not wait. Watching our moo girls indicates that their babies are active. […]
- Christmas Ice – EarlyWe got ice for Christmas this year. It arrived a couple of days early but it’s here! While the crystalline landscape is beautiful, it has a ominous crunch to it also. The dogs were having […]